Email Etiquette Golden Rules (17)






Don't shout in your emails (and all caps is so difficult to read).


When you write in all capital letters, this looks (and maybe sounds) to many a recipient as if you were shouting.


This is why you should use all caps sparingly.


It is a strong effect, and it should remain one.


Imagine Someone Shouting All the Time not only would it mean little when she shouted, it is also more difficult to understand somebody who shouts. Similarly, text in upper case is significantly more difficult to read than lower and mixed case text.


Use Lower Case Only


If you type in all caps because you find it faster and more convenient, consider using lower case only. You will annoy some people, of course, but all in all all lower case seems more widely accepted than all caps."

References:




Comments

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. hotmail-inicio-sesion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. hotmail entrar direto

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Benefits of SMS Marketing for Small Business

SETUP AND CREATE YOUR BUSINESS MARKETING BLOG

De Kare-Silver’s electronic shopping test